A two week program full of history, culture and personal encounters of Egyptians, Nubians and Bedouins. We begin in Cairo where we discover the ancient history of the Pharaonic, Coptic and Islamic periods, then moving to the different oases of the Western Desert we learn about the Bedouins and further south we meet the Nubians on a Felucca ride from Aswan to Edfu. This is a tour where most materialistic needs are left behind. Life is luxuriously simple Most nights are spent around a camp fire in the desert or on the Nile, listening to age old stories by Bedouins and Nubians
01. Arrival to Cairo International Airport and transfer to Downtown hotel.
02. Morning visit of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. Afternoon visit the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx.
03. Visit the ancient Coptic churches and Synagogue of Old Cairo and some of the most famous Mosques of the Islamic district
04. Today we leave Cairo driving through the Western Desert and head to the osasis of Bahareya. Overnight in a Bedouin camp in the area of the natural springs.
05. Jeep safari to explore the Black Desert, Crystal Mountain and overnight in the White Desert.
06. We drive further to the oasis of Farafra
and its mud-brick old town. Visit the Bader Museum and the ancient Islamic city of El-Qasr. Overnight in camp in the oasis of Dakhla.
07. Drive to the oasis of Kharga to visit the temple of Hibis and the fascinating necropolis dating back to the 4 th Century. Overnight in Kharga.
08. Drive from Kharga to Luxor. The rest of the day is free at leisure to explore the market and this ancient city. Overnight in a hotel.
09. Early morning visit of the Valley of the Kings and the colossi of Memnon by donkey. Afternoon train
or coach to Aswan. Overnight in a Hotel.
10. Today we start our Nile cruise with the Nubian sailors onboard a Felucca, a traditional sailboat of the Nile. For Three days and two nights we will be sailing north to Edfu visiting the temples of Kom Ombo, and Edfu on the
way. Three beautiful days of relaxation along the magnificent landscape of the Nile. Our Nubian companions will tell us all about their history and culture. All meals provided. (Felluca Photo Gallery)
13. Disembark in Edfu
and drive back to Luxor visiting the temple of Esna on the way. Afternoon visit the Karnak and Luxor temples by horse-drawn carriage. Overnight in a hotel.
14. Our train ride back to Cairo
takes us along the majestic landscape of the Nile Valley arriving in Cairo in the evening. Overnight in a down town hotel.
15. Transfer to Cairo Airport for your flight back home.